Table of Contents:
Tips and tricks for using Paraview
# – How to launch – #
# – File type support – #
Some users experience an odd visual bug with TomViz/Paraview. It typically has to do with a compositing setting for the (ThinLinc) window manager (xfvm). This is most likely the solution:
- Start a terminal, navigate to the home folder by calling
- cd $HOME
- then call the following command:
- xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -p /general/use_compositing -s false
- This changes a key in the configuration file.
Afterwards, a log-out/log-in of ThinLinc is required. Be sure to “End existing session” to fully refresh the window manager etc.
Once the client is launched, check the “Options” menu. Under “Options” there is a “Reconnect Policy” section. Make sure that the option: “Always ask how multiple sessions should be handled” is activate.
As an optional check do the following:
- Call the following command in a terminal from the home folder;
- grep “use_compositing” .config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfwm4.xml
- which should then return
- <property name=”use_compositing” type=”bool” value=”false”/>